UPDN provides technolgies practitioners may need to collaborate in practicing their expertise. There are 2 simple technologies UPDN offers. One is a real time video conferencing system called "Adobe Connect." The other one is an asynchronous commenting system called "Forum." One other technology as a support system is offered is calendar.
This technology provides practitioners meet online in real time. The following is a list of functions this system offers:
- Broadcasting your video and audio using your own webcam and microphone
- Text chat
- File sharing (PDF and PPT)
- Sharing one's desktop activity
- Breakout rooms (when you have a large group of people in the community and have small group activities)
This technology provides practitioners share resources, discuss and solve problems in the practitioners convenient time. The following is a list of functions this system offers:
- Create a discussion
- Reply to the primary discussion topic
- Upload and download files
- Share and archive resources
Calendar will be a hidden technology which support scheduling of Adobe Connect. If many practitioners try to use the same virtual space time conflict occurs. Calendar will help practitioners to organize and notify the date of meetings to the practitioners who need to be involved in and avoid conflict with other groups of practitioners.